Hands on Assisted Reproduction Technology (IVF/ICSI)
This course provides a one-on-one comprehensive training in the clinical management and laboratory practices of IVF and ICSI.
Clinical Observation in an IVF Lab:
- Logistics of running an IVF Lab.
- Seminal sample assessment.
- Observing IVF/ ICSI procedures.
- Intrauterine insemination.
- Oocyte retrieval.
- Oocyte assessment.
- Fertilization check.
- Embryo assessment and Embryo transfer.
- Media preparation.
- Equipments and supplies used in an IVF laboratory and laboratory personal.
- Oogenesis and the oocyte.
- Spermatogenesis and spermiogenesis.
- New trend in IVF protocols.
- Tissue culture systems.
- Seminal fluid analysis.
- Laboratory protocol for assessment of semen sample.
- Sperm cryopreservation.
- Oocyte handling at the time of harvest and identification.
- Oocyte dissection.
- Insemination of retrieved oocyte.
- Embryo Handling and Scoring.
- Assisted hatching techniques.
- Gametes, Zygote and Embryo Transfer.
- Embryo biopsy (PGD).
- Quality Control, Quality Assurance and The Management of the IVF Laboratory.
- Introduction for Cytogenetics and PGD.
- Chromosomes Identification & Analysis.
Participants receive (90) hours of instructions in the following areas:
- Lectures and discussions.
- Hands-on training sessions using animal models (sheep oocytes).
- Observation of actual IVF cases in a clinical IVF Lab.
- Training provided by trained embryologist, andrologist, reproductive endocrinologist and other experts in ART.
- Dedicated micromanipulators are available for training.
Each participant will receive
- Comprehensive course manual.
- Certificate of training .